The New Year often brings new brand choices for college students. How will your brand stack up and become a favorite?
We all know that the #1 conversation after the holidays are over and students head back to campus in January: “I resolve to do better in the New Year.” Whether it’s improving fitness goals, eating habits, study time, or budgeting, we know that health and well being are important to college students. In fact, according to Barnes & Noble College Student POV community, 80 percent of students make a New Year’s resolution.
Lifestyle Changes and Habits Will be Under Consideration
College students will soon be reassessing their health and fitness routines, beauty and skincare regimes, eating and study habits, and financial situations. Whether they’re in a quest for self-improvement or simply because they seek change, 18 to 24-year-olds will reevaluate many aspects of their lifestyle, including the products, services, and routines they’ve become accustomed to — all in an effort to seek out alternatives where there’s room for improvement. The top two resolutions among college students are getting into shape and eating healthier.* We want to help them succeed in 2017.
According to the Barnes & Noble College Student POV community, 80% of students make a New Year’s resolution.
This January, Barnes & Noble College will host Winter Wellness Fairs on many U.S. college campuses. College life is demanding — both physically and emotionally — so we want to support students in adopting healthy lifestyle habits.
Barnes & Noble College will share lifestyle improvement tips, destressing techniques, healthy eating tips, and product info directly with students as they seek to start out the New Year on a high note. Product samples will provide students the opportunity to try new products before buying, and brand kiosks will be staffed with brand ambassadors who will speak about their products in relaxed environments.
We’ll also be partnering with the schools’ Athletic and Health Services departments for fitness screenings and much more. All of this will be done with a focus on the students and helping them prepare for success in 2017 and beyond.
Calling All Brands
We’re looking for brand partners who want to be front and center at this pivotal time of year for college students. You’re invited to participate in our Winter Wellness Fairs via sampling programs, custom brand activations, and sponsorships.
• Health and fitness providers: Spark attendee interest by demonstrating workout programs, videos, and apps. You might even sponsor a yoga class!
• Beauty: Unveil your latest make-up and skincare products — with everything from tissues to toners — and share beauty tips and secrets. On-the-spot make-overs will surely grab their attention!
• Food and beverage: Hand out healthy snack and beverage samples, and consider nutritional speakers to share healthy eating tips geared toward college students.
• Financial services: Show them how your banking/payment apps and student banking services can help them conveniently maintain fiscal health.
• Apparel: Model your performance and athleisure fashions, as well as fitness trackers. We’re happy to supply the student models!
Can’t make it to our Winter Wellness Fairs? There are other student marketing and media programs you can take advantage of to kick off the New Year, including online advertising, emails delivered directly to 5 million students and their parents, social media programs, and much more!
The New Year will be here before you know it. Does your brand have a place in college students’ 2017 routine? We can help get you there. Contact us online for more information or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Barnes & Noble College Student POV.